Thursday, June 19, 2008

Books on Product Management

I get asked a lot about good books on Product Management. Here's what I have read in the past 2 years or so since I moved into Product Management.

1. Crossing the Chasm
2. Inside the tornado
3. Built to last
4. Good to great
5. Innovator's dilemma
6. Innovator's solution
7. Selling the wheel, and
8. Blue Ocean strategy

I read it approximately in the order listed here and have been greatly impressed by items 5 and 7. #8 is a great read for anyone who is evaluating new ideas. Here's a good article describing how to apply the strategy canvas to evaluate new ideas ( http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/54/Blue-Ocean-Strategy-A-Small-Business-Case-Study.aspx
). Rosen tells me that he has ah-ha moments everytime he reads these books.

1 comment:

Leo Frances said...

Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff.Sloan